Tuesday, December 30, 2014

#3 is making his/her presence known

At the beginning of October, those two little lines foretold of great adventure starting once again.  We are due June 15 and will once again wait until delivery day to find out the gender.  The first trimester was full of nausea and general blah feelings, so I was so excited to enter the second and say goodbye to those ailments. Haha!  Isn't it funny that God has no use for medical advice!  Many say that once you enter the second trimester, sickness subsides.  Not so for me.  This blog title is without grumbling and complaining, thus I am seeking the positive side of the exhaustion and headaches that are occurring on a daily basis.  Here is my intentionally optimistic focus:


This baby is growing.  Every sick feeling, tired moment, ache or pain is a reminder that life is being formed within me.  I am currently, actively participating in one of God's miracles!  Having just finished celebrating Jesus birth, it is a neat time to be mindful of the feelings Mary must have experienced as she felt the Savior of the world kicking and flipping inside of her.  It is so awesome to have a small part in the amazing way God brings more life into this world. 


My family loves me.  Even the boys are, for the most part, being so sweet to their mommy as I go through these times of sickness.  They have given countless hugs and kisses, played quietly while I rested on the couch, and been generally agreeable as I look for the sunshiny side.  Shaun...amazing!


There are others who need my prayer more desperately than I and feeling bad is a reminder of the heartache or physical pain many others experience daily.  Friends who are not able to carry a child, who may give anything to feel nausea due to a baby growing inside are brought  mind as I look for Tylenol for momentary relief.  Those who have gone through the heartbreak of miscarriage or stillborns...I cannot imagine the hurt.  Though we have no guarantees in life on earth, I am constantly thinking of those who have gone through such loss and my heart breaks for broken dreams.  Likewise, many who are able to become pregnant are forced into bed-rest or hospitalization to secure a safe delivery.  As of yet, this has not been a problem I must face and for that, I am grateful. 


I will deliver this baby in a clean, fully stocked, well staffed hospital.  Missionaries and those who do not have the luxuries afforded us in the U.S. become heroes as I consider the uneasiness I would have facing delivery in less equipped facilities or no facilities at all. 


So, I choose to see the blessings of all-day-sickness.  While some of these statements lean toward negativity, I am trying to be mindful of the positive aspects...above all...WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!!!  Does it get better than that?  I submit that it does not!

No comments:

Post a Comment